Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chik'n and Dumplings

I had been eying IsaChandra's Dilly Stew With Rosemary Dumplings for months, but then it had been summer - a typical southern hot and sticky season of misery - and much too hot for stew.  Besides the recipe looked intimidating.  I'm not sure why...because it has two parts, because it makes soup look pretty.  For whatever reason, I left it collecting dust on my culinary inspiration board too long. 

Then two weeks ago, I felt the first nip in the air, making me crave mulled wine and one bowl dinners.  I filled my Pinterest idea board with vegan soups galore, but, always, the dilly stew called to me.  So I finally sucked it up and made a pot.

What in the heck took me so long!?!  

This recipe takes under an hour to prepare start to finish with plenty leftover for lunch the next day.  And it was a hit with the hubby who asked for (and helped me prepare) it again today. Not nearly so pretty as Isa's, but just as tasty!  I was out of rosemary, so used the leftover oil from the rosemary popcorn I made for Scotch Eggs and Scones and left out the beans in favor of MorningStar Farms Chik'n Strips.  Incidentally I find these way too spongy to use in fajitas or Chinese food, but they seem made for this dish.



I ate too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment