Friday, October 19, 2012

Chinese Take Out (Of My Kitchen)

My husband and I have become jaded - too many episodes of Restaurant Impossible and Kitchen Nightmares.  We find ourselves wondering what goes on behind the swinging doors of every place we used to dine (except for Plant, the awesome-est vegan restaurant around, which does not hide their kitchen behind doors at all.)  Given our new found reticence to eat out, I have been on a mission to recreate some of our favorite restaurant meals.

Friday is Chinese Take Out night, so tonight I whipped up some Sesame Tufu adapted from Nummy Kitchen's recipe which you can peruse here.  The recipe calls for deep frying the tofu, but since that is a sure fire way to send the hubby's gall bladder into attack mode, I lightly panned fried mine instead in about 2T sesame oil and added some roasted broccoli.  Add in some steamed jasmine rice and we officially feel "chinese-buffet-stuffed."  I need a nap...


No comments:

Post a Comment